Sunday 1 April 2012

Construction work finally commences

 After some months of preparatory work, it appears that the actual construction of the new line has commenced.   Two sets of pile driving equipment have appeared on site, one each side of the main line.  Piles to support the piers of the new viaduct are now being constructed. 
Pile driver inserting the steel tubes.
Similar machine can be seen on the other side of the main line marked by an approaching East Coast express.
Stack of steel pile liners which are presumably poured with concrete. 
 A new row of site buildings has appeared during the past week, as a result of work scaling up I guess.
A pile of fencing and some gates waiting to be erected somewhere.  I can't upload any more photos this week as Google informs me I have reached the limit.  I will have to purchase some more storage space apparently, which will take up to 24 hours to become available.
Moving down to the river Hiz underbridge, the level has been raised again by quite a significant amount.  You can't see down to the other bridge now.  As I left I moved round to the other end and took the following picture by the scrapyard gates.
According to the Network Rail plans, the viaduct will start just the other side of the security fencing.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting photos of the progress. Hope you can keep posting.

    ReplyDelete