Wednesday 25 April 2012

Piling work continues

Sorry for lack of updates.  Other commitments have prevented me from visiting the site.  However I did have a quick look last weekend and the piling work is continuing.  The machines have moved northwards and are obviously working along the line of the new viaduct.

It appears a lot of water is required during the piling operation, hence the large pipes.  The large square hole I had thought might have been one of the foundations of the viaduct is actually being used to take the wet spoil that is being removed.  I guess this dried out and moved onto the spoil heaps.































I moved further north into the field immediately adjacent to the work site.  This shot looks back at the growing spoil heaps.  To the left you can see the piling equipment in use on the other side of the main line.
A better shot of the same equipment.  This has also moved further north.
Finally a longer shot showing both sets of piling equipment.  In earlier pictures the equipment this side is much nearer the sphere seen on the far right.  I did take a look over near the main site compound and there is very little obvious change there.  I will visit again at the weekend all being well.

No comments:

Post a Comment