Sunday 11 August 2013

Rail Engineer of the Year

I was pleased to learn that Paul Tomblin, Network Rail project engineer for the Hitchin Grade Separation project, has been nominated for the Rail Engineer Of The Year award.  Not only did Paul successfully deal with all the engineering challenges that he faced but he also engaged fully with the public by holding open days at the site.  I am grateful to him for the time he spent showing me around and letting me take photos for the blog which I would not otherwise have been able to take.  I am sure that he was really busy but he always found time not only for me but for anyone who was interested in the project.  This went far beyond what was required but contributed to a successful outcome in no small way.

If you would like to vote for him then follow this link:-

 
 

2 comments: